Thursday, May 10, 2012

snack attack

Good Afternoon


Today I opened up my email from nature box and it said that men 20 + on average eat 923 empty calories a day and women 20 + eat 624 empty calories a day  by snacking. This is surprising to me! I mean 923 calories!!!!! How many calories are people eating? 

For the most part I track what I eat either by writing it down, or on weight watchers.com ( I don't always agree with weight watchers but tracking my food through them works well with me and weighing myself every week) 

Healthy snacks or super foods are very easy to find.... I believe in snacking between meals, but I make my snacks count. Here is a list of our go to snacks

Banana
Apples
Kiwi
trail mix ( i norm make our own)
banana chips
pop chips ( only 9 at a time)
pop corn
peanuts
peanut butter with apples 
hummus and carrots
peanut butter on celery
kale chips
blueberries
a spinach smoothie
2 slices of dark chocolate( hey its full on antioxidants) 
raisens
currants
pumpkin seeds
sun flower seeds
a small salad
orange
clemintine
a slice of toast with peanut butter and sliced banana on top yumm
soy yogart
edamame
dark chocolate cover acia
pretzel chips with hummus
pear
watermelon
cantelope

So if you are looking for a nutritious snack.. try one of these plus there are a TON more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment